7 Tips to Stay Motivated when You’re Just Not Feeling It
Do you ever feel unmotivated and just lazy? That’s a rhetorical question my friend. We all feel that way every once in awhile. For the last week, I’ve been stuck in bed with Covid. It’s been mentally frustrating because I have so many great things happening with work and our personal life, and I’ve had to take the time to slow down to recover. Aside from being sick, I sometimes lack motivation to do those small things that I know will move me forward. So, here are five tips that will help you stay motivated when you’re just not feeling “it”.
1. Understand Your Big Why. Don’t forget WHY you started this journey. Whether you are trying to live a healthier lifestyle or build a business, take the time to fully understand WHY you’re doing it. This will help you stay motivated as you begin to see the BIG picture.
2. Make S.M.A.R.T Goals. Are your goals specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-based?
3. Stop Comparing Yourself to Others. Keep your nose down and stay in your lane. When you’re focused on being better than you were yesterday, you don’t have time to compare your progress to others.
4. Take a break. Sometimes you need a day off or just time to rest. Big action takes time. And, over time you need rest. Don’t forget that.
5. Acknowledge your Progress. It’s important to know your numbers. When you take the time to pat yourself on the back, motivation can come back quickly. Celebrate the small successes!
6. Remove all distractions. Distractions can keep you from being productive. Make sure to turn off all notifications, schedule your break times, and follow your calendar.
7. Continue to Visualize Yourself Reaching Your Goals. Manifest your goals every day. What does that feel like when you achieve them? How does your life look at this time? Don’t stop believing in yourself.
So, next time you feel like binge watching Netflix shows instead of getting work done.. Take a moment and reflect on your BIG WHY. That usually gets me moving ;)